2023 Miami Grand Prix Recap
On the 7th of May 2023, down in Miami, the Grand Prix was held. Over the weekend, Ferrari’s F1 drivers fought their hardest out on the track and put their blood, sweat, and tears into the race. Carlos Sainz walked away with fifth place while his fellow Ferrari driver, Charles Leclerc, ended up in seventh place. Unfortunately, the race didn’t exactly end how either driver was hoping, but they resolve to continue working hard for the next races for a spot on the podium.
Timeline of the 2023 Miami Grand Prix
- At the start, Sainz is off to a good start at third while Leclerc passes Magnussen for sixth place.
- After a back and forth between Leclerc and Magnussen throughout lap two, Leclerc ends up in seventh while Magnussen pits and Sainz sits comfortably at fourth.
- Leclerc pits to replace the Mediums with Hard tires in 2.6 seconds. He rejoins 15th.
- Carlos also pits for the same change in 2.2 seconds, rejoining seventh and passes Lewis Hamilton on the next lap for sixth place.
- Sainz is given a five-second penalty for speeding in the pits on lap 21.
- Charles Leclerc makes his way to 13th place.
- Over laps 27 through 30, Carlos Sainz and Ocon fight for fourth and while Sainz makes an unfortunate mistake in lap 34 causing him to fall behind Ocon, he manages to overtake Ocon again for fourth.
- Meanwhile, Leclerc and Magnussen battle it out for tenth, and by the end of lap 37, Charles rides it out in ninth place.
- As Ocon and Lance Stroll pit, Charles secures seventh place while Sainz holds steady at fifth.
Ferrari F1 Track Times at 2023 Miami Grand Prix
- Position: 5th place
- Gap from Leader: +42.511
- Fastest Lap: 1:31.362
- Total Pit Time: 22.278
- Race Time: 1:34:32.752
- Average Speed: 213.252 miles per hour
- Position: 7th Place
- Gap from Leader: +52.988
- Fastest Lap: 1:31.434
- Total Pit Time: 22.068
- Race Time: 1:28:31.229
- Average Speed: 213.084 miles per hour
Ferrari F1: 2023 World Championship Standings
- While a first-place finish eluded Ferrari in this round, Sainz and Leclerc are working hard to make a comeback in the next round. As of right now, Sainz sits at fifth with a total of 44 points.
- On the other hand, Leclerc sits at seventh with a total of 34 points. And both F1 drivers are onto Imola to continue their preparations.
Experience the Thrill of the Racetrack with Continental AutoSports Ferrari in Hinsdale
Whether you’re interested in record-setting Ferrari performances or you’re interested in commissioning a new Ferrari of your own for your Indianapolis rides, you’ve come to the right place. We’re here to update you on all the recent Ferrari news and be your source of everything Scuderia Ferrari. You can get a taste of the F1 speed around Chicago and Milwaukee with a Ferrari of your own so don’t hesitate to reach out to our finance team or take a look at our Ferrari inventory.
More From Continental AutoSports Ferrari
What is the Ferrari KC23? Well, it’s nothing more than the newest installment to the highly spectacular Ferrari lineup. Any true Ferrari follower would instantly recognize the seamless blend of Ferrari’s Vision Gran Turismo concept and its Le Mans winning 499P that come together to make this vehicle. If you’re a lover of all things bespoke, this may just be the car for you and your Hinsdale and Milwaukee drives! Browse More Ferrari InformationContact Us Ferrari KC23: Notable Features and Highlights While there’s not much that we can tell you about the Ferrari KC23 engine specs and…
Only one thing is more thrilling than joining a race and experiencing the excitement of competing out on the track, winning. Second is great, but a manufacturer like Ferrari isn’t satisfied until they’re on the top step of the podium. Curious to know more about what happened at the race? Take a look below and we’ll fill you in on all the hot details. New Ferrari ModelsContact Us Scuderia Ferrari For the Win Even though it’s not number one, the Ferrari drivers should be filled with nothing but pride for their thrilling performance at the 6 Hours of…
Something can be considered good, great even, but at Ferrari, we don’t strive to settle for great. We’re always working to improve our vehicles and reach new peaks of never before seen technology and unmatched performance. And that’s all come together in the very first road-legal XX car: the 2025 Ferrari SF90 XX Stradale. Which, luckily for Hinsdale drivers, is also available in the SF90 XX Spider version as well. Browsw New Ferrari Models Contact Us Not One But Two: SF90 XX Stradale and SF90 XX Spider There is not an inch of this vehicle, in either model, that doesn’t…