Ferrari 812 Special Editions Revealed
Demonstrating their continued commitment to pushing the envelope, Ferrari has revealed a versione speciale of the iconic 812 Superfast. Dubbed the Ferrari 812 Competizione, it’s a faster, flashier, more refined version of a modern supercar legend. There’s also a convertible variant called the Ferrari 812 Competizione A (or Aperta). What’s not to love?
Ferrari 812 Competizione Changes: What’s New?
- More Horsepower: The 812 Competizione, like the 812 Superfast, comes equipped with a naturally aspirated 6.5L V12 engine — but the Competizione produces more horsepower than the 812 Superfast, bringing its output to 819 hp. The standard Ferrari 812 Superfast tops out at 800 hp.
- Higher Rev Limit: The Competizione produces its 819 hp @ 9,500 rpm, while the Superfast produces its 800 hp @ 8,500 rpm.
- Engine Refinements: The 812 Competizione’s V12 engine gets a modified valve timing mechanism, new variable geometry inlet tracts, and a coating of diamond-like carbon to the camshafts.
- New SSC System: These 812 special series models feature the seventh version of Ferrari’s famed Side Slip Control traction and stability system, which optimizes torque distribution on the fly to continually provide unparalleled responsiveness to steering input.
- Lower Weight: The use of additional carbon fiber means that the Competizione models are lighter-weight than the Superfast.
- Improved Downforce: These versiones speciale have 176 pounds more downforce than the standard 812. The Competizione features vortex generators attached to an aluminum rear windshield replacement, while the Competizione A features an integrated rear wing that improves aerodynamic performance.
- Upgraded Exhaust System: With square-shaped tips and an additional particulate filter, the new exhaust system is at least partially responsible for the Competizione’s extra oomph.
Inquire About the 812 Competizione With Continental AutoSports Ferrari
The Ferrari Competizione and Competizione A are limited edition vehicles, and they’re certain to generate tremendous demand in the United States and across the world. Given how few Ferraris are produced, you shouldn’t wait to inquire about getting one of your own, especially since it’s rumored that this could be Ferrari’s last V12-powered model without electrification or turbocharging. Contact Continental AutoSports Ferrari to inquire about purchasing an 812 Competizione — we’re happy to help drivers nationwide from our dealership in the Chicago area.
More About Ferrari Models
The Ferrari 458 was manufactured from 2009 to 2015, and several variants followed the introduction of the Ferrari 458 Italia Coupe that debuted for model-year 2010. For this reason, the Ferrari 458 dimensions will vary slightly depending on whether you’re looking at the Ferrari 458 Italia (2010–2015), the Ferrari 458 Spider (2011–2015), the Ferrari 458 Speciale (2013–2015), or the Ferrari 458 Speciale A (2014–2015). Several racing variants were also produced in extremely limited quantities during this time. Ready to find the perfect match? Our in-depth guide covers everything you need to know about the Ferrari 458 length, width, height, and…
The Ferrari 296 GTS looks like nothing else that you might see on the roads of Milwaukee or Indianapolis—and everyone wants to know if this vehicle’s cabin will live up to the high expectations fostered by its first impressions. Rest assured, the Ferrari 296 GTS interior leaves nothing to be desired. The deep wells, striking curves, and clean, racing-inspired linework that distinguish this model’s cabin have been designed to emphasize the 296 GTS’s functional purity, and it’s no exaggeration to say that it looks just as good as it feels to drive. Ferrari 296 GTS Specs Our Inventory Ferrari 296…
The latest Ferrari SF90 Stradale has had no trouble setting records or winning praise, and it’s not at all difficult to understand why. After all, every element of this vehicle’s design lends itself to a vision of pure, unbridled performance. Whether you’re looking at this Prancing Horse’s powertrain or at the intimate details of its cabin, you’ll see evidence of the SF90 Stradale’s clear superiority. Naturally, the Ferrari SF90 Stradale dimensions are no different! We’ve laid out everything you may need to know about this vehicle’s shape and size before you get behind the wheel. Commission a New FerrariMore Ferrari…