Ferrari Purosangue Preview: What We Know Today
With rivals like Lamborghini, Aston Martin, and Bentley now producing high-performance SUVs, it was only a matter of time before the Prancing Horse stepped in to show them how it’s done! Although there’s still a lot that we don’t know about the all-new Ferrari Purosangue, our preview has more than enough information to get Chicagoland’s most demanding enthusiasts on the edges of their seats! Enjoy this sneak peek of the Ferrari Purosangue, courtesy of Continental AutoSports Ferrari.
Ferrari Purosangue Specs & Design
Complete Ferrari Purosangue specs have not yet been released. However, after testing several options, the Prancing Horse has now confirmed that “the V12, for the performance and driving experience it could provide, was the right option for the market.” Here’s what we know so far:
- The Prancing Horse’s most recently produced V12 was offered in the 812 Superfast, where the engine provided up to 789 horsepower and 530 lb-ft of torque.
- We can’t say for certain whether the specs will be tuned up or down for the Purosangue, but it’s thrilling to see that Ferrari has overcome the weight distribution challenges that forced engineers from Lamborghini and Aston Martin to use V8 engines for the Urus and the DBX.
- It’s possible that Ferrari’s signature low ride height—which will distinguish the Purosangue from higher-riding rivals—is part of what has allowed it to offer a relatively exclusive powertrain setup. We don’t have exact specs for the vehicle’s exterior design, but in terms of height, the Purosangue appears to sit somewhere in between a wagon and an SUV. It will probably be close to 60 inches tall.
- Since Ferrari had intended to phase out the V12 in the 812 Superfast—partly due to the introduction of more stringent emissions requirements around the world—we wouldn’t be terrifically surprised if the Purosangue received a hybrid powertrain, pairing the V12 with an electric motor. This wouldn’t be a first for the Prancing Horse; in fact, some of the brand’s fastest and most powerful models have used a similar setup.
- What’s an SUV without all-wheel drive? Whether the Purosangue will receive a hybrid or gasoline-exclusive powertrain, the inclusion of AWD is all but inevitable in this market.
- Based on the few photos we have, we also know that the Purosangue will have four doors, a gently sloping fastback-style roofline, a downward-curving nose with slim, almost sinister headlights, and air intakes that sit above the nose and the grille—recalling the flared nostrils of the Prancing Horse insignia. No interior photos have been released, so we’ll have to wait a little bit longer for interior Ferrari Purosangue specs and details.
How Much Will the Ferrari Purosangue Cost?
At this time, since the Ferrari Purosangue has not been revealed, we are unaware of the pricepoint.
When is the Ferrari Purosangue Release Date?
The Ferrari Purosangue release date has not been officially announced—but it’s expected to arrive in the latter half of 2022. As the Prancing Horse’s first-ever SUV, the Purosangue is truly a piece of history. We wouldn’t be surprised if it sells out before its launch, so don’t wait to get in touch if you’re interested in getting behind the wheel.
Get the Latest Ferrari News with Continental AutoSports Ferrari
If you’re at all interested in current and future Ferrari models, we’d love for you to connect with our team. We always endeavor to cover the most exciting Ferrari news and features on our blog, and you can always reach out if you’re looking for details on a particular model or announcement.
More From Continental AutoSports Ferrari
With rivals like Lamborghini, Aston Martin, and Bentley now producing high-performance SUVs, it was only a matter of time before the Prancing Horse stepped in to show them how it’s done! Although there’s still a lot that we don’t know about the all-new Ferrari Purosangue, our preview has more than enough information to get Chicagoland’s most demanding enthusiasts on the edges of their seats! Enjoy this sneak peek of the Ferrari Purosangue, courtesy of Continental AutoSports Ferrari. More Ferrari Research Contact Us Ferrari Purosangue Specs & Design Complete Ferrari Purosangue specs have not yet been released. However, after testing several options, the…
Charles Leclerc and Carlos Sainz—both driving for the Ferrari F1 team—placed second and third, respectively, in the maiden 2022 Miami Grand Prix. Behind the wheel of the F1-75, both drivers put up some seriously impressive numbers and managed to keep Ferrari in the lead for both of this year’s Championships. Even so, the Ferrari F1 team sees room for improvement after Max Verstappen captured the race’s top track time and winning slot. Ferrari Formula 1 Racing Contact Us Timeline of the 2022 Miami Grand Prix Charles Leclerc gets off to an early lead, while Carlos Sainz falls into third behind…
Ferrari’s latest Icona Series sports car is a force to be reckoned with, and like the world’s most demanding performance enthusiasts, the industry’s foremost reviewers have taken notice. The Ferrari Daytona SP3 races from 0 to 60 in just 2.85 seconds and achieves a blistering top speed of 211 mph—and it also has a striking interior design. Although it’s only been produced in extremely limited quantities, fans of the brand from Indianapolis to Milwaukee are still clamoring for a closer look! Since the latest Ferrari Daytona SP3 reviews cover just about every angle, we’ve collected them all in one place…