What’s My Car’s Trade-In Value?
There are numerous factors that can affect what your car is worth, whether you’re looking to trade in an exotic vehicle or something more common. Regardless, if you’re looking to sell your car and upgrade to something special, you can do exactly that at Continental AutoSports Ferrari. Of course, buying a Ferrari is a special thing, but some of our clients are interested in acquiring other luxury or exotic vehicles, and we’re happy to help.
What Affects My Exotic Car’s Trade-In Value?
Whether you’re trading in an exotic, a luxury car, or something more conventional, there are several key factors that will affect the value of your vehicle:
- Model Year: Newer models are sometimes worth more than older models, but that’s not always the case when it comes to exotic vehicles. A limited model that’s been exquisitely maintained or restored, for instance, is almost always going to be a valuable asset.
- Make: The name of the manufacturer can tell you a lot about a vehicle’s worth. For instance, when the name “Ferrari” graces a vehicle, everyone knows that it’s an example of world-class engineering and craftsmanship. The same can’t be said for many automakers.
- Model: The simple reality of supply and demand means that more sought-after vehicles will generally fetch a higher price than more common models.
- Mileage: Higher mileage will generally lead to lower trade-in values.
- Condition: Condition of the vehicle is key, especially when it comes to anything produced by Ferrari — and to maximize value, a record of all maintenance and repairs must be maintained by an Authorized Ferrari Service Center.
- Scarcity: Generally — and especially in the case of exotics — a rarer vehicle will fetch a higher price. For instance, Ferraris aren’t produced in huge numbers, and a limited model such as the LaFerrari (only 500 produced) is generally worth much more than a vehicle produced in greater numbers, like the 458 Italia (approximately 15,000 produced).
Should I Trade In My Sports Car?
Whether you should trade in your sports car depends on what you’re looking to get out of your vehicle. A conventional sports car offers solid performance, but can’t dream of competing with a bonafide supercar or hypercar made by Ferrari. So if you want to step up to a vehicle that can truly dominate the track, trading in a sports car to buy an exotic makes a great deal of sense.
Regardless of the kind of vehicle you’re trading in — whether it’s an exotic, a sports car, or a luxury SUV — the trade-in process is functionally the same:
- After you get an estimate of your vehicle’s trade-in value with our online tool, take a look at our inventory — or contact us if you’re looking for something specific.
- If you require a loan to cover the purchase price, you can apply for financing online. We’ll work with Ferrari Financial Services to help you get favorable terms for your loan or lease.
- Finally, it’s important to understand that the figure you’ll get from our online car trade-in tool is an estimate — to give you a definitive offer, you’ll have to bring the vehicle to Continental AutoSports Ferrari along with the title, registration, keys, and loan payoff information (if applicable). After we inspect the vehicle, we can give you a firm trade-in offer.
Trade in Your Car at Continental AutoSports Ferrari
Whether you’re looking for your exotic car’s trade-in value or if you’re looking to trade in something more conventional, we can facilitate a trade to help you purchase the vehicle of your dreams! And even though we’re based in the Chicago area, we’re able to work with drivers from Indianapolis, Milwaukee, and the rest of the United States, so don’t hesitate to contact us!